Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my country awake

Yesterday, I was reading a book and found a prayer written by Gurudev Rabindra Nath Tagore. Truly the words are mesmerising and the dream of every Indian. I am reproducing the same

" Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high;
Where knowledge is free;
Where the world has not been broken up into fragments by narrow domestic
walls;
Where words come out from the depth of truth;
Where tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection;
Where the clear stream of reason has not lost its way into the dreary
desert sand of dead habit;
Where the mind is led forward by thee into ever-widening thought
and action -
Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my country awake."

Infact this is the dream of every one. No one in the world is free from any type of fear. Extremism, regionalism, war for religion, hatred, greed are bane of the life of an Individual.

I do not know when this will end but lets pray for this dream to come true.

Jai Hind.

No comments:

Post a Comment